I must admit, I love anything that involves arts and crafts. Since, our engagement I cannot begin to tell you how many wedding blogs, magazines, and books I have looked at. One thing that most of them have in common is wedding/reception signs. It seems that they are pretty popular and I just think that they are so much fun! So, we decided to make some…but with a little twist. Instead of painting a sign, I thought we might make our rustic sign with yarn and nails. Even though it was a tedious process we finally finished and we are so excited with the outcome.
DIY Rustic Yarn Sign
What You’ll Need
A piece of barn wood
Panel Board Nails
Before you get started pick out a font on your computer that you like. Once you have done that, make sure the letters are a size that will fit on your board. Then print out whatever word you want to go on your board (ours is ceremony) and cut the letters out.
1. Find a flat/sturdy surface to lay the board on.
2. Take the letters that you cut-out and lay them on the board, spelling your word.
3. Once the letters are on the board take a sharpie and mark dots going all around each of the letters. We put the dots about ½” apart. These dots are going to let you know where your nails need to go. Then remove the letters from your board.
4. Place a nail on one of the dots you made and hammer the nail half way into the board.
5. You want the nail to be sticking out some so you can wrap the yarn around it. Continue this until all dots are filled.
6. Now you can begin wrapping your nails with yarn. We chose to just outline our letters, but you can also weave the yarn to make the letters bolder.